INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE USE IT
When you use the Services, including when you sign up to create an account, subscribe to our newsletter, contact us or rent gear, we collect different types of Information from or about you. We obtain this Information when you use our services as a renter or owner of gear. To build safety and trust among the OTO community members, we require every user of the Services to confirm certain details and provide specific types of information (such as a valid ID) before being able to complete a rental.
In addition, we may use Information obtained from you or about you to:
- comply with and enforce applicable legal requirements, contractual obligations and our policies, and
- support our business operations and perform accounting, auditing and other internal functions.
INFORMATION AUTOMATICALLY COLLECTED ABOUT YOUR VISIT
WITH WHOM WE MAY SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We also may share your Profile Information with business partners, as needed or appropriate. We may publish information listed in the “Gear information” on social media sites and other third-party sites to promote your listings.
We may share your Information:
- with service providers who work on our behalf, such as cloud storage providers, and other third-party partners that provide features or functionalities which we integrate into our Services, such as payment processors, email/SMS communication or marketing service companies, background verification agencies and courier or delivery service providers
- as necessary or appropriate, with members of fraud and theft prevention networks in which we participate
- as necessary or appropriate, with our attorneys, accountants, auditors or other advisors
- as required by law, such as to comply with legal process, or to comply with government reporting obligations
- to the extent reasonably necessary to proceed with the negotiation or completion of a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of our assets (including in the event of a reorganization, dissolution or liquidation).
In addition, we may share aggregated, de-identified data with third parties for any purposes.
SOCIAL MEDIA FEATURES
The Site includes social media functions, such as the Facebook Login or Sign In features, or Facebook, Instagram and Twitter widgets. These functions and widgets may collect information about which pages users visit on the Site and the IP address of the device you use to connect to the Internet. The widgets may also set a cookie to ensure the features are functioning properly. Your interactions with the social media functions and widgets located on the Site or provided in connection with the Services are governed by the privacy policies of the companies that provide these functions and widgets. If you use any of the social media functions or widgets on this Site, we strongly suggest that you review the privacy policies of the companies that provide those functions and widgets.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES, APPS OR SERVICES
Our Services may contain links to other websites, apps or other online services for your convenience or information. These websites, apps and services are operated by companies not affiliated with OTO. Linked websites, apps or services may have their own privacy policies or notices, which we strongly encourage you to review. We are not responsible for the content and data handling practices of any third-party websites, apps or services.
PROTECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We maintain appropriate administrative, technical, and physical safeguards designed to safeguard the personal information collected in connection with the Services. However, no information system can be 100% secure, so we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your information. Moreover, we are not responsible for the security of information you transmit to the Site over networks that we do not control, including the Internet and wireless networks.
Effective Date: 05th July 2019